Destination BC announces new Tourism Marketing Committee Members
VANCOUVER – New tourism industry representatives have now been selected to serve on Destination BC’s Tourism Marketing Committee, the corporation announced today.
The Tourism Marketing Committee provides the Crown corporation’s Board of Directors and CEO with input and recommendations on tourism marketing strategies, tourism performance indicators, ways to encourage alignment in tourism marketing activities, and ways to leverage funds for tourism marketing programs. The Committee is comprised of nominees identified by each of BC’s six tourism regions. Two Destination BC Board members also sit on the Committee, which is chaired by Destination British Columbia’s CEO.
To replace six outgoing Committee members, Destination BC issued a call for applications in November 2015. The application period closed in early January 2016, with more than 50 applications received from around the province. All applications were reviewed by Destination BC’s Board, CEO and regional tourism industry representatives; the new committee members were ultimately appointed by the Board. Two current members, representing the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast and Vancouver Island, were reappointed for a second term. The Board also appointed two new members-at-large. The new members are:
• Michael J. Ballingall, Senior Vice President Sales & Marketing, Big White Ski Resort (Thompson Okanagan)
• Tyler Beckley, Owner/General Manager, Three Bars Guest Ranch (Kootenay Rockies)
• Mike Randall, Marketing Director, Langara Fishing Adventures (Northern BC)
• Ty Speer, CEO, Tourism Vancouver (Vancouver, Coast & Mountains)
• Patrick Corbett, past Owner/Operator, The Hills Health Ranch (Cariboo Chilcotin Coast, second term)
• Angela Rafuse-Tahir, Director, Sales & Marketing, Fairmont Empress (Vancouver Island, second term)
• Brenda Baptiste, Board Chair and Interim CEO, Aboriginal Tourism BC (provincial representative)
• Anne Murray, Vice President, Marketing & Communications, Vancouver Airport Authority (member at large)
For more information on the Tourism Marketing Committee, including a complete list of members, please visit http://www.destinationbc.ca/About-Us/Tourism-Marketing-Committee.aspx.
Andrea Shaw, Chair, Board of Directors, Destination BC:
“The Tourism Marketing Committee has provided Destination BC with valuable advice and support over the last few years, during the creation of the Corporation’s new strategy and marketing plan, and the development of new industry-facing programs. The Board and staff at Destination BC look forward to working with this experienced and knowledgeable group of tourism industry marketing experts. I would like to thank all of the applicants for their interest in serving on the committee and their support for BC’s tourism industry.”
About Destination BC:
Destination BC is an industry-led Crown corporation that works collaboratively with tourism stakeholders across the province to coordinate marketing at the international, provincial, regional and local levels. For more information about Destination BC’s programs and services, please visit: http://www.DestinationBC.ca/
Destination BC, Media Relations
Tel: 604.660.6364 Email: Media.Relations@DestinationBC.ca